Wisdom Tooth Extractions – Vienna, VA
Removing Unnecessary Third Molars
Did you know that the last teeth to come in usually arrive in the late teens or early adult years? Although these third molars, commonly called wisdom teeth, can erupt without causing trouble, in many cases, there simply isn’t space to accommodate these extra teeth. As a result, your other teeth can be moved out of proper alignment. In other cases, the wisdom teeth can grow in at unhealthy angles, potentially leading to infection. Whatever the reason for wisdom tooth extractions in Vienna, VA, you can count on our skilled dental team to take care of you or your child and ensure your comfort through the whole process.
Why Choose Vienna Smiles for Wisdom Tooth Extractions?
- Friendly Team of Dental Professionals
- Experienced in Oral Surgery
- Sedation Options Available for Anxious Patients
Following your procedure, it’s important to allow the surgical site to heal properly. Although we’ll discuss how to do this in more detail with you in person, here are some of the things you need to do to avoid infection after your wisdom teeth are removed:
- Keep gauze on the site for a few hours afterward, replacing the gauze as needed.
- Get plenty of rest and avoid strenuous activities for a couple of days.
- Avoid using a straw (i.e., any sucking motion) for at least 48 hours.
- Use a cold compress to reduce swelling.
- Eat soft foods for a few days.