Dental Crowns – Vienna, VA
We Can Easily Repair Your Smile
Do you have a cracked, broken, or worn-down tooth that mars your otherwise beautiful smile? Do you have a noticeably large cavity that you need to get treated? Both of these problems can easily be corrected with a restorative treatment called dental crowns. A crown can restore a tooth back to its ideal structure, function, and appearance following extensive damage, decay, or general wear and tear. Crowns can even protect your tooth from further damage, preventing tooth loss. To learn more about dental crowns, simply keep reading below, or give our Vienna, VA office a call.
Why Choose Vienna Smiles for Dental Crowns?
- High-Quality Materials Used
- Crowns Custom-Made for Each Patient
- Can Last Upwards of a Decade
What Are Dental Crowns?
A dental crown is a restorative treatment that fits over the top of a tooth. You can think of a crown as a little tooth-shaped “cap.” It protects your tooth from additional damage while restoring your ability to talk and chew with ease. We take special care to customize each individual crown so that it seamlessly blends in with your surrounding teeth. For this reason, we typically use dental ceramic to craft your crowns. This material can be custom shaded to match the color of your enamel, and it resembles natural teeth so perfectly that onlookers shouldn’t be able to tell your crown isn’t your “real” tooth!
Do I Need a Dental Crown?
We may recommend a dental crown in a variety of situations, such as:
- To replace a lost or damaged filling
- To repair a severely decayed or otherwise damaged tooth
- To protect a tooth that was recently treated with root canal therapy
- To restore a single dental implant
- To correct cosmetic issues in a tooth such as chips, cracks, or stubborn stains
What to Expect During Your Crown Procedure
After your initial consultation with one of our dentists, placing a dental crown takes just two appointments. During the first of these visits, we prepare the tooth by either shaving off the outermost layer of enamel or building it up so that it can support your restoration. This step ensures your tooth won’t stick out in the line of your smile. Once your tooth has been sufficiently prepped, we take impressions of it and use them to create a mold. The mold is then sent off to a partnered dental lab, where a team of skilled ceramists will get to work crafting your crown to our exact specifications. To protect your tooth in the meantime, we can place a temporary plastic crown. A few weeks later, you’ll return to our office and we’ll swap out your temporary with your permanent crown, leaving you with a beautiful, healthy smile.
Benefits of Dental Crowns
Some of the benefits offered by dental crowns include:
- Blending in with the rest of your smile
- Addressing multiple cosmetic issues at once
- Repairing damaged or decayed teeth
- Protecting teeth from additional damage
- Allowing you to eat, talk, and smile with complete confidence
- Being able to last more than a decade with proper maintenance