Remember the days of metal braces? Somewhere between sixth and seventh grade, those brackets and wires had the power to change boys and girls into women and men. But once you’re dealing in staff meetings rather than history class, and Friday nights out instead of sleepovers in, braces just… aren’t an option anymore. But the thing is, gapped, crooked and crowded teeth are a real problem for adults, too. If you missed the boat on metal braces as a kid, or if things in your mouth have changed and now you want orthodontic treatment, learn how your trusted cosmetic dentist can straighten your smile invisibly with Invisalign in Vienna, VA.
The Invisalign System Straightens Teeth Discreetly
Invisalign is an FDA-approved orthodontic treatment that moves your teeth into the desired position using clear, plastic aligners, fit to your unique mouth. Once your treatment plan is in place and you have received your kit of special Invisalign trays, you’ll wear each one for about two weeks before replacing it with the next in the sequence. The average treatment lasts from nine to 15 months. And the result? Fantastic — a straighter smile you won’t ever want to hide again.
Dental Problems Treated by Invisalign
If you’ve got any of the following issues with the alignment of your teeth, the Invisalign system could be a wonderful solution for you.
- Gapped or spaced teeth
- Crossbite, when the upper and lower jaws don’t meet correctly
- Underbite, when the lower teeth cover the upper teeth
- Overbite, when the upper teeth protrude too far over the lower teeth
- Teeth that appear to be crowded in the gum
Advantages of Invisalign Clear Braces in Vienna, VA
So you know that Invisalign offers discreet orthodontic treatment — in fact, chances are slim anyone will ever notice you’re straightening your teeth with this system. But the advantages of Invisalign go beyond its invisibility. Some more include:
- Convenient: Because Invisalign trays are removable, you can easily slip them out to eat, drink and clean your teeth just the way you always have. That means no special maintenance steps to learn, and no worrying you have a bit of lunch leftover in your braces. As long as you wear your Invisalign trays the recommended 20 to 22 hours, you’re fine.
- Comfortable: The Invisalign system is far more comfortable than traditional braces. With clear, smooth plastic aligners, you never have to worry about a popped off bracket or a broken wire rubbing a blister into your delicate gums or cheeks.
Schedule Your Appointment for Consultation Today
If you’re interested in learning how you can improve your smile with invisible braces from Invisalign, don’t wait — schedule your appointment with Vienna Smiles right now. Your cosmetic dentist in Vienna, VA is eager to help you achieve your smile dreams. Call us today!